+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Check out the Zhu Zhu Pet Hunter Blog (link inside)

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Check out the Zhu Zhu Pet Hunter Blog (link inside)

Quote Originally Posted by skellyo View Post
    I tend to agree with you on this one. The blogger is complaining that "you are making parents pay 4 times the price for these toys", when in truth, that's not completely true. Many of the auctions begin below retail price. It's the bidders that dictate what they're willing to spend on the item, not the seller (at least in an auction...not so in a fixed price listing).
    This is a really good point Skell and very true. If you take a look at many of the auctions, many do start very low.
    Joanne - Pre- Nursing Student & Mom of 4

2 girls, 10 & 5 - 2 boys, 8 & 6 - 2 dogs & 2 Guinea Pigs

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Check out the Zhu Zhu Pet Hunter Blog (link inside)

Quote Originally Posted by carabuser View Post
    Ok, you got to quit blaming the the resellers for all the problems, I did some research, and from September 4th until today, about 157,000 zhu zhu pets have SOLD on ebay

Cepia has shipped at least 9 million since the beginning of September (I dont know if that is worldwide or USA) , so the resellers are not the biggest problem, there are at least 71 million kids in the US alone under the age of 14, resellers usually account for about 10 percent of the products sold, sometimes higher, but the vast majority is being bought by other people.

I havent heard of to many people going to Target in the morning when they open, or Walmart at night when they start stocking, you have to put in some leg work to get things you want that are in high demand, I have gotten my son all the hot item in the last few years (Xbox 360 Wii etc..) when they were in the highest demand, while still working 40 + hours at a job. Just my 2 cents
    I've been wondering about those numbers, I'm really glad you posted them! I knew the amount sold on Ebay was going to be a small fraction compared to how much Cepia has released.

You're right about putting in the leg work to get the hot items. I have been able to score a fair amount, but I have also stood in lines for 1-2 hours on several occasions. On BF I was in line for 3 1/3 hours. Most of the time I've had to get up very early to get in those lines. I've made numerous phone calls and stops in stores to talk with employees and gather information. I've gotten up very early to get to stores at opening and in most cases the shelves have been bare. I've spent a fair amount of time on this forum and other places online information gathering. I do all this while being a mother of 4 young children and attending college.

I do understand some people put in a lot of effort and still come up short, but I think there are just as many if not more that want the easy way out of hunting and would rather pass the blame.

I don't think reselling has made much if any of a dent in the supply and demand issue. My problem would only be with how rude some people are trying to gather their loot. There are resellers that are jerks and have no regard for anyone else. But they are not the only ones that can be jerks. There are everyday people (or grannies, hehe Luv) that are just as rude and nasty when it comes to getting something hot.

Whether it be to get a toy for a child or make some money to feed a child....everyone has their reasons for needing or selling and you can't always judge a book by it's cover.

Personally I don't see the point of a blog that lists resellers. I really only see it making the blogger feel better.
    Joanne - Pre- Nursing Student & Mom of 4

2 girls, 10 & 5 - 2 boys, 8 & 6 - 2 dogs & 2 Guinea Pigs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information