+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoobles, Squinkies, Singamajigs ... Crystal Ball, what is the hot toy going to be this year?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Zoobles, Squinkies, Singamajigs ... Crystal Ball, what is the hot toy going to be this year?

Has anyone else heard/read that these are suppose to be th e"HOT" toy this Christmas? They are kinda a cross between a bakugan and a little pet shop?

Anyone heard any other rumors and what may be a hard to get item this Christmas (assuming it has been released already or soon will be)

ed

Default Re: Zoobles

Quote Originally Posted by aimlyles View Post
    Has anyone else heard/read that these are suppose to be th e"HOT" toy this Christmas? They are kinda a cross between a bakugan and a little pet shop?

Anyone heard any other rumors and what may be a hard to get item this Christmas (assuming it has been released already or soon will be)
    I've been looking around quite a bit myself.

Zoobles and Squinkies look like they will be hot... but... more in the way you mentioned. I see certain ones or certain play house / sets being hot... Maybe not the whole thing? We're working on getting some trackers together for that...

Things I think will be hot that we currently have trackers for :

Kids stuff :
    Mattel - Sing-a-ma-jig Availability Tracker from zooLert.com - Find Mattel - Sing-a-ma-jig In Stock!
    Monster High Dolls Availability Tracker from zooLert.com - Find Monster High Dolls In Stock!
    Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey Availability Tracker from zooLert.com - Find Fisher-Price Dance Star Mickey In Stock!
    Orbeez Magic Maker Availability Tracker from zooLert.com - Find Orbeez Magic Maker In Stock!

Game stuff:
    zooLert.com - Home - Automated availability and alerts for hot products - Always free, Always fast!
    Kinect Xbox 360 Availability Tracker from zooLert.com - Find Kinect Xbox 360 In Stock!

Music stuff :
    Wow Wee Paper Jamz Guitar - Style 2 Availability Tracker from zooLert.com - Find Wow Wee Paper Jamz Guitar - Style 2 In Stock!
    Wow Wee Paper Jamz Amp/Speaker - style 4 Availability Tracker from zooLert.com - Find Wow Wee Paper Jamz Amp/Speaker - style 4 In Stock!
    Wow Wee Paper Jamz Drum Set - Style 4 Availability Tracker from zooLert.com - Find Wow Wee Paper Jamz Drum Set - Style 4 In Stock!
    WowWee Paper Jamz Strap Style 5 Availability Tracker from zooLert.com - Find WowWee Paper Jamz Strap Style 5 In Stock!

Electronics :
    Amazon Kindle Availability Tracker from zooLert.com - Find Amazon Kindle In Stock!

(even though it's a bit old.. I think the new kindle will be on the top of lots of adults / moms lists)

There's quite a few others we are creating trackers for too! A lot actually.

Amazon.com: Cuponk! - Let it R.I.P. with Backboard: Toys & Games will probably be pretty hot too. That's one that comes to mind we are making a tracker for.

Amazon.com: Loopz Game: Toys & Games too I think could be a sleeper hit, but, that's just because I like it

I'm interested in what every one else thinks.

And... we are doing a LOT of backend changes. We already have a initial version of my tracker working.. No more alerts for everything. Just pick what you want!!! (yes, hooray )

AND.. alerts are even faster than before this year!

And here's one I don't think will be too hot... I feel it's about a year too late? Tell me I'm nuts though if you disagree!

Amazon.com: furry frenzies: Toys & Games

I saw a commercial yesterday that there is Kungfu Zhu. This might be hot I think? Any idea?
    zooLert.com
    We hunt, You gather!
    See all zooLert trakers status
    ----------------------------------------
    twitter (zooLertOfficial)
    ----------------------------------------
    Shop our partners to help us keep the light on

ed

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I saw a commercial yesterday that there is Kungfu Zhu. This might be hot I think? Any idea?
    Heh... That's a tough one. Part of me wants to say it's got a chance for a revival, but, they have been sitting on the shelf a bit over the past few months.

Maybe the boys (their Target audience for this one I think) haven't paid enough attention to them yet, but, with some of the new toys on the horizon for the holidays ... Everblade comes to mind for the pokemon / bakugan crowd for instance... And don't forget cuponk!

It's got a lot of competition.

But the commercial does make it look "exciting". And you have to figure a lot of grandparents/aunts/uncles and that somewhat day-to-day disconnected crowd may say... Oh... zhu zhu pets... yea.... I think <insert-child's-name-here> likes them...

But, the commercial is good. I will give it that. Has that boys-action thing going on.

Hey Guys - As for the kung fu zhu - they are around and collecting dust. LOL. Our CVS has/had them on sale for 9.99 and they aren't moving. I think zhu zhu are old now, and they were a bit too late or early (christmas 2010) for the boy advertisements. That is one thing that will not be on the list of things to get this year.

can't wait for the rooster to start crowing. LOL.
    margaret.

everytime my kids see that commercial they yell - i want that i want that. So I tell them to put it on their Christmas list. LOL. The commercial does have a catchy song to it - and the kids sing along with it. These are on the list to get.

margaret

ed

And to add it to this thread for people that find it.. We did make the zoobles tracker too :

Zoobles Availability Tracker from zooLert.com - Find Zoobles In Stock!

Regarding the Zoobles -- does anyone here already have them and can comment on how fun they are to play with? These things are tiny -- about the size of Littlest Pet Shop pets -- but cost so much more. I know they collapse into there own little ball and everything, but does that make them worth the price? From what I've seen, the cheapest way to get them is the multi-packs, in which you get 5 animals for $25. That's still $5 each. And if you buy them individually, they are closer to $10 each. By comparison, for $25 you can get a dozen or so LPS pets (and we have MANY of them!)

Just wondering if ya'll thought the Zoobles were worth the price?

FWIW, Walmart had a whole bunch of Zoobles in-store two days ago when I was there. They were in a back aisle, next to the Squinkies and Polly Pocket dolls, for anyone looking for them... I would have thought they'd be next to the Littlest Pet Shop pets, but they weren't.

I think there will be some demand for Zoobles but I currently see Squinkies selling off the shelves faster @ the brick and mortar stores. My daughter and I want bubble pack #1 & #6 for the squinkies lol.

Furry Frenzies are selling fast too, but a Walmart toy dept employee said they should be getting plenty in stock. The city playset is the item that has an empty shelf often.

Kung Zhu - I don't think they will be that popular. There are so many on shelves and one of my boys was interested very briefly and has moved on to Bakugan.

Sing-a-ma-jig- has anyone played with these? They are so creepy ugly, but a totally fun to play with. I'm going to keep my eyes out on these. There are 4 original colors, 2 more just released colors, and rumor has it more colors to be released this fall. My 9 yr old daughter and I were playing with these in the store and now she is asking for some.

Paper Jamz is another I think might be popular. Although pricey they seem pretty cool. My boys stopped at the toy store display to take a look and one said he wanted one for x-mas.

Probably Nintendo 3DS will be in demand because of the late in the year release
    Last edited by rjncmj; 09-13-2010 at 02:17 AM. Reason: correction
    Joanne - Pre- Nursing Student & Mom of 4

2 girls, 10 & 5 - 2 boys, 8 & 6 - 2 dogs & 2 Guinea Pigs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information