+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed 100 Zhu Zhus at TRU for the first (ANY) 100 Guests in line - Nov 26th, Midnight

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Confirmed 100 Zhu Zhus at TRU for the first (ANY) 100 Guests in line - Nov 26th, Midnight

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    ARE YOU KIDDIN ME?

Wow.

That's insaaaaaaaaane.

Hopefully we'll see some more stock online soon!
    Heading to TRU IN 1 HOUR to check it out and post pics of possible and then send my drones out to various stores.

Its sad wm doesnt have any, I predict no more zzps for xmas after today , Lets take the gamble I am lol.

Default Re: Confirmed 100 Zhu Zhus at TRU for the first (ANY) 100 Guests in line - Nov 26th, Midnight

REPORT #2.....

I went to TRU ... got there at 12:05.... again, living in PA in a medium sized town at best.... ENTIRE parking lot and adjoining lots full of cars.... I'm guessing 1,000 people in line outside the store! The line was not moving.... managers must have counted people and not let any over a certain amount come in until others checked out!

I got out of my car just to go up to the front of the store and WATCH what was going on inside.... tons of people buying large sized items.... and yes, people coming out with their ONE zz! No accessories from what I was told.

34 degrees out..... my ears were stinging after watching for 5 minutes..... the line was still super long outside..... I left around 12:30... tons of people not in the store yet!

I talked to 2 teenagers who scored zhu's... they arrived at 9 pm and were about 20th in line.

TRU... maybe you've gotten more customers than you can handle with a midnight start.... making tons of money but angering some??? A 5 am start would have been a much smaller crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by DadOf2 View Post
    REPORT #2.....

I went to TRU ... got there at 12:05.... again, living in PA in a medium sized town at best.... ENTIRE parking lot and adjoining lots full of cars.... I'm guessing 1,000 people in line outside the store! The line was not moving.... managers must have counted people and not let any over a certain amount come in until others checked out!
    Wow...just...wow. Someone else has a thread over on SD in the BF section that says the same thing about Florida. 1000 people or so in line

I thought I would try to get one more hamster tonight at TRU, my hubby actually decided to come with me (though he would be my protection or something). We drove into the parking lot at 11:15 and there was a line as long as the eye could see, we couldn't even see the end of it, it went into the darkness. We drove around the parking lot and found the end, there must have been over 400 people in line. We decided not to even try and drove out of the parking lot, while we left there was a steady line of cars headed to the store. Don't even want to know how many people were actually standing in line right before midnight. My brother went around midnight just to watch the action, he is weird like that, and to try to get something for Wii for his son. I told him good luck, and he laughed and laughed.
    Little disappointed I wont get a hamster tonight, but there was no chance of getting one from TRU tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooluver View Post
    We drove into the parking lot at 11:15 and there was a line as long as the eye could see, we couldn't even see the end of it, it went into the darkness.
    I hope you don't mind, I am totally using that as my signature...so awesome.

I got in line at Toys R Us at 8 p.m. and was around number 50 in line. I did get a ticket and was able to get my limit of 2 accessories. There were people who were in line for other things and heard all of the "zhu zhu " hype and decided to purchase to resell later. That rubber me the wrong way but really none of my business. Our store had a line wrapping all of the way around the shopping center and people still driving around looking to park! I am hoping to get one more hamster at some point but not holding my breath.

Went to TRU tonight at 10:30, there was already 500+ people in line. I told my daughter NO WAY. We went to Wal Mart, and it was not that crowded, only saw a handful of people waiting by a pallet full of something they were looking for, not sure what. Most of the pallets in the middle of the aisles were covered in black plastic with times on them of when to remove. We decided to go back by TRU to check out the crowds and "OH MY LORD" it had quadrupled or more. They wrapped it around not only the TRU store, but then a pet smart and around the back of the store and continued into another parking lot. People were parked at least 1/8 of a mile away in another shopping center. This place was absolutely packed and if they were to let them all in it will be another incident like wm.

I have survived!! I was at TRU at 7:10pm. I was 5th in line so I know I wasnt the only crazy one! By the time 11:30 rolled around it was INSANE. Easily one thousand plus people. I had asked twice if they had accessories and both folks said no. Well they LIED!! I did get my zhu zhu and saw someone walking around with accessories. So my DD and I hightailed it over and there was 2 slides and 2 wheels left. I got the last piece to my set, the slide!! WOO HOO!

Now here is the ugly part..............

I had some friends that wer about 50 peopel behind me. The ytold me that there was a fight and someone got tassered!!! And there was of course an arrest. Then another fight and then some guy tried to cut and the other guy pushed him. Unfortunatly there was a moving car in the way! The guy is fine but it was CRAZY!!! Police came in force. But really they should have been there much much sooner. People were trying to cut the line. I dont' mean one or two like 20 or 30. Really it was inbelievable. When I got oout of the store at 12:41am the line looked like it had not even moved. They were only letting a few in at a time.

And the good part.........................
    They had lots and lots of people helping out. THey had employes every few isles to tell you where stuff was. They had a special check out lane and had more employees there as well to direct folks. All in all it was very plesent in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefull View Post
    I have survived!! I was at TRU at 7:10pm. I was 5th in line so I know I wasnt the only crazy one! By the time 11:30 rolled around it was INSANE. Easily one thousand plus people. I had asked twice if they had accessories and both folks said no. Well they LIED!! I did get my zhu zhu and saw someone walking around with accessories. So my DD and I hightailed it over and there was 2 slides and 2 wheels left. I got the last piece to my set, the slide!! WOO HOO!

Now here is the ugly part..............

I had some friends that wer about 50 peopel behind me. The ytold me that there was a fight and someone got tassered!!! And there was of course an arrest. Then another fight and then some guy tried to cut and the other guy pushed him. Unfortunatly there was a moving car in the way! The guy is fine but it was CRAZY!!! Police came in force. But really they should have been there much much sooner. People were trying to cut the line. I dont' mean one or two like 20 or 30. Really it was inbelievable. When I got oout of the store at 12:41am the line looked like it had not even moved. They were only letting a few in at a time.

And the good part.........................
    They had lots and lots of people helping out. THey had employes every few isles to tell you where stuff was. They had a special check out lane and had more employees there as well to direct folks. All in all it was very plesent in the store.
    Congratulations, what State/Area were you in?

I am in the Kansas City Missouri area. The town was a bigger town but nto that big. Really it was wild!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information