+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alert confusion

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Alert confusion

I am a little confused by some of the alerts.
    Sometimes when I check the 'recent stock history' I will see items that are on my alert list but I never received an alert. I see the minutes underneath it and it does appear that the item just sells out that quickly. However, I have an item in my wal-mart cart that sold out when I was trying to purchase it. I have that window open in my browser and watched this item show 'in-stock' when my alert refreshed. I then immediately went to my cart and refreshed a few times but never saw the item 'in-stock' nor did I get an alert before the item sold out.
    Any clarity would be great! I love your system and am grateful you all have created such a wonderful service. I am just a little new to this, and easily confused so any suggestions would be great.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

It has happened again 3 or 4 times since I posted it. The item has been going to 'in-stock' on here almost every 10 minutes.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Alert confusion

Quote Originally Posted by bbcamay View Post
    I am a little confused by some of the alerts.
    Sometimes when I check the 'recent stock history' I will see items that are on my alert list but I never received an alert. I see the minutes underneath it and it does appear that the item just sells out that quickly. However, I have an item in my wal-mart cart that sold out when I was trying to purchase it. I have that window open in my browser and watched this item show 'in-stock' when my alert refreshed. I then immediately went to my cart and refreshed a few times but never saw the item 'in-stock' nor did I get an alert before the item sold out.
    Any clarity would be great! I love your system and am grateful you all have created such a wonderful service. I am just a little new to this, and easily confused so any suggestions would be great.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

It has happened again 3 or 4 times since I posted it. The item has been going to 'in-stock' on here almost every 10 minutes.
    Hi bbcamay, if an item is in and out of stock very often (within an hour), we don't want to send out too many alerts. Too many alerts can upset people. This feature can be tune to smaller interval instead of an hour. if this item is hot / very high demand and people willing to accept many alerts, I can do it when users request.

For an item already added to cart, if an item is in high demand, even you already added to your cart but did not submit yet. Other people can add to cart and press on submit button first, then that person can get it out of your cart. I saw this many times from the last couple years.
    zooLert.com
    We hunt, You gather!
    See all zooLert trakers status
    ----------------------------------------
    twitter (zooLertOfficial)
    ----------------------------------------
    Shop our partners to help us keep the light on

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information